Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Packing!

I love packing. There's a special exhilaration in it. The excitement of doing something. The anticipation of going somewhere. I have packed my own clothing since I was in... let me think, kindergarten. I remember, my parents and I were going to Singapore. That time my needs were not many. Clothes, underwears, socks, a pair or shoes or sandals. My mother had already prepared the toothbrush and the like, so I needn't bother. I couldn't sleep the night before the departure. I just wanted to go right away.

Now I have to pack again. But this time the destination is the hospital. I just can't wait to be a mother! I just hope the process won't be too painful for me.

The hospital has made a list for me to bring:
      a. 4 cloths (batik or the beach wear type)
      b. 4 shirts or house clothes, with buttons in front of them
      c. 4 mother bandages
      d. 4 small towels ("Good Morning" type)
      e. 1 big towel
      f. 2 packs of sanitary napkins (post partum)
      g. Soap
      h. Toothbrush
      i. Daily necessities

Another list for the coming baby:
      a. Baby's soap
      b. Baby's powder
      c. 1 set of clothes and blanket

I asked the lady behind the counter, what does it mean, daily necessities?

She answered, "You know, the essentials."

I still didn't get it, so I asked again.

She said again, with a smile, "The most important thing for a new mother. The make-up kit."

What's essential to one is not necessarily essential to another. That's a simple fact.

But I packed the daily necessities, anyway. Moisturizer, powder, lipstick, eyeshadow. Who knows... isman might need them.
Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!