Thursday, October 14, 2004

Looking Back...

Found an old notebook of mine containing my poems in the early nineties. Full of angst, fear and wonder. I can still remember the anguish and intricate feelings that I experienced. Fear of many things--but the main thing was, I feared that I wouldn't emerge as the real 'me'. Even then, my sense of individuality soared to the sky.

I longed to be unique. I am now.

I began to remember. In the past, I experienced many things that I considered unpleasant. Yet I didn't comprehend the reason why. I didn't really understand what the matters were. Now I do. And the pain swells, escalates, wrenching my heart tight.

Some ghosts in the past just wouldn't let go.

So I welcomed them.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!