Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Glimpse of the Past

I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I remembered an incident that happened many, many years ago. (about 12-13 years ago, to be exact) That time, Lea Salonga was so popular. Pretty, demure and cute Lea, with marvellous voice! I still remember most of her songs very well. (Up to now, I can still sing "Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal". Yes, her Tagalog song. I love it very much. Thanks for my good friend Eric Peele, who got the tape for me!)

One day, my mom told me that I looked like Lea Salonga. I found this ridiculously funny (let's say that if she's a rose, then I'll be a dandelion), so I shared it with my friend, Nengti. Nengti and I were giggling when a classmate of ours (just call her XYZ) passed us.

"What's up?" she asked.

I told her. Nengti and I were waiting for her response (a quick laugh or a smile, perhaps?) when she made a face. She actually snickered.

"No, you don't look like Lea Salonga," she said hotly, "Ask your mom to check her eyes or something."

I was about to say, yeah, I agree with you, when she added:

"Lea Salonga looks like me! Not you! Ask my mom if you don't believe me."

Nengti and I could only stare at each other, too flabbergasted to reply.

1 comment:

Ririn said...

don, Lea Salonga itu apa yang pernah nyanyi 'We Could Be in Love' ? soalnya waktu aku smp aku cinta mati sama lagu itu, aku seneng banget sama penyanyinya yang menurutku wajahnya cute banget. Don, selamat ya...kamu benar2 produktif menelorkan novel2 :)

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!