Monday, October 08, 2007

On Writing Something New

I'm currently writing a book... well, am not going to specify the genre here. Suffice to say, it's a novel experience for me. So far I've written 50-something pages. I figure it'd be about 150 pages or so, still a long way to go. (Or maybe 200? We shall see!)

Writing this triggers my emotions. While writing, I encountered several unpleasant incidents. I prefer not to have conflicts in my life, but looking back, I guess, they enrich the book. The book has more emotions and depth. But that's the author speaking, as a reader I'm more critical!

The character in this story has a major dilemma that sooner or later, she has to face and acknowledge. Sounds typical, but it's greater than that...

Ah, I'd better stop talking and start writing!

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!