Sunday, February 24, 2008

Last Year, at Precisely this Hour...

...I was in bed. My partner and I tried to put up with watching TV in the hospital. Deluding ourselves that we could rest.

There is this thing about hospitals--or perhaps it only happens to our family. When we want to wake up, waiting for the nurses to make their rounds, they won't come. And then minutes--or perhaps seconds--when we succumb to fatigue and sleep, they'll come and wake us up. Ugh.

Well anyway, last year, besides trying to watch TV, my partner and I were dead tired. We already marveled at our baby. We ate and drank a lot, and thought we'd burst if we have more. I felt okay, amazing, in fact. I was in a much better condition than the time when I gave birth to Aza.

It was easy for me to fall for Chika. She was tiny and perfect. Her hair was... still is... thick. She was rosy and lovely. And I knew, the minute I saw her, I was already crazy about her.

She is a toddler now. But to me, Aza and Chika will always remain as my babies.

1 comment:

Pandababy said...

Happy Birthday to Chika!

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!