Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On Being Lonely

Sometimes I feel lonely. Because I choose to be different. I often view things from a certain angle. My taste is somewhat different from others. When most Indonesians revere something (book, song, movie and so on) I tend to think the opposite. When some laugh seeing something, I only look at them, aghast, for I believe they are in fact, cruel.

And it bothers me. Okay, not all the time, just sometimes. I often wonder, why can't they see my point of view? I can understand theirs, and tolerate it. When I choose to speak my opinion out loud, most of them just consider me weird. Or plain stupid.

Whatever. I'm just being sentimental, I guess. Now that I'm married (and luckily, my partner and I often have the same opinions...), I'm not that lonely anymore. And things like this only bother me for several moments.

1 comment:

Rani said...

oh i know how you feel! people said me and my husband are weirdos too!

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!