Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Love Cooking!

Just for the fun of it. I don't want to cook professionally or spend some allotted hours everyday just to cook. I want to cook to show my love to my loved ones. I cook because I care, because I want to spend some of my time bringing joy to people I love.

I wasn't always like this. I wasn't a natural. My mom tried to teach me but I was a late bloomer, I suppose. My mom used to tell me my specialty back then was sambal. It was the only thing that I could make right. Ha! And then I began baking cookies, brownies. Sauteing some stuff. My skills developed tremendously when I went to university because you can say that I lived on my own and my parents' house was kinda remote back then. What was the significance of this? Meaning I couldn't rely on takeaway food! LOL. IIRC only two or three restaurants provided delivery to my parents' place then.

I want my kids to grow up with the smell of homemade cooking. And I want them to be compelled to learn how to cook as well, it's a precious art and craft and I am quite sad not many are interested to cook any more these days.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!