Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Message from Hogwarts?

Yesterday this barn owl decided to stop by, and my kids were thrilled and ecstatic. We hope this owl will have a long, happy life. And we hope this owl will drop by quite often.

I've read in the net that this kind of owl does not hoot, even though my partner and I sometimes hear owls hooting somewhere around here. Maybe there is another owl nearby? Or perhaps it's someone else's pet?

I think more barn owls would be cool since they dine on rats and small lizards. I've found out that the cats nearby seem to have a truce on rats and mice. They often pass the road together and they don't even show animosity to one another. I feel it's... eerie somehow, not natural!

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!