Thursday, October 24, 2013

Simple Recipe of the Day: Arancini

This recipe got my attention right away. It seems simple yet tasty (I love cheese!). Ah well, I had to tweak it a bit. (Typical!)

It reminds of of Indonesian "kroket" (croquette). Mom sometimes made some from steamed rice and veggies.

My partner loves to eat this with chili sauce, my son, with tomato sauce. My daughter? She just eats this as is.


Here's my version of arancini:

- 2 plates of steamed rice (more or less, you can add more later if you like) - 2 large eggs (or 3 medium-sized eggs)
- 125 gr shredded cheddar cheese (in Indonesia, I just use half of a block of cheese that they sell here)
- 125 gr cheese (I used quick melt type, but cheddar works fine as well), cubed approx. 1x1 cm
- 1 medium-sized onions, chopped
- salt and sugar to taste
- 1 tbsp broth powder (I used mushroom) - Bread crumbs
- Oil (to fry 'em, of course)

Combine rice, eggs, shredded cheese, onions, salt, sugar, broth powder, eggs. Mix well. Form balls and roll them on bread crumbs. Fry in medium heat until golden-brown. Enjoy!

You can also add chopped veggies such as peas, carrots, corns or chopped sausages and smoked beef. Add a touch of paprika too, if you like. Combine some oregano or chili powder if you like some. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!