Friday, December 26, 2003

My Question of the Day

If you happen to live in Indonesia like I do, maybe you also notice this stale sentence from crappy, sappy movies or sinetrons. In Indonesian, it is, "Buktikan cintamu padaku." Or in English, "Give me a proof, if you really love me." Something like that.

My question is, how could you prove to someone else that you love him or her? I mean, the moment the sentence is uttered, to me it sounds like a ghastly omen. It seems that no matter what you do, how hard you try, the other person could just say, "Well, that's not enough!"

I am perplexed with this silly sentence. Does love need to be proven? If so, can you give any proofs?

Maybe the person saying it has something in her or his mind. Such as, "Ohkay, if this guy buys me diamonds and pearls, then indeed, he loves me very much." Or, "If this girl is willing to give up her virginity for me, then I know, she does love me."

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!