Thursday, January 22, 2004

I Adore Traditional Clothes!

In spite of my confusing look and name, I believe I look like a pure Javanese. Njawani. Well, I am one, anyway. That is why I adore batik and kebaya. I look gorgeous in them. Like a princess from a fairy tale, so Nyachan told me. Like a pretty Japanese bride, said Kimiesan, a Japanese friend of mine.

I notice many women around my age don't really like batik. Or even, kebaya. Maybe they wear batik and kebaya on their weddings, but that's it. While I wear batik and kebaya whenever I feel like it. I once wore them to a mall. Many people glanced at me. Perhaps they think I looked strange? That's OK. I love to look unique and beautiful at the same time.

I am also fascinated with other traditional clothes--well at least, some of them, anyway. I have several cheong sam. Blue, yellow, green, pink, white, and red. I have a light green yukata, thanks to Kimiesan. I have an aodai--that's a Vietnamese traditional clothes, light blue. Now I long to have a saree... maybe I should keep my hair long, then. Braid it, then pose myself as an Indian woman, hehehe.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!