Thursday, May 10, 2007

Writing is Magical!

At least, to me. I always face blank sheets of paper (or monitor) with vigor. I love playing God. When I write, that is. Even though as I write, usually the story gets hold of me. I meant the story to be like this, but it might glide smoothly to another direction. It becomes alive, independent. And sometimes, they persuade me to be their vessel, their slave, even.

Whenever I start a new project, I feel goosebumps all over my body. I become drunk with the power to create. What shall it be this time? Another TeenLit? A horror story? Sappy love stories? I have the power to decide. Oh, how glorious, how magnificent! It's up to ME to write!

It's a marvel, really. I will begin with a character, then a word. Then a sentence. A paragraph. A chapter. A book! There are so many stories out there. It's up to me to get hold of some ideas and put them into writing!

To write is to create some kind of spell. You can leave your readers spellbound and amazed, calm and composed, exhilarated and giddy with joy, drenched with tears. Oh, words are indeed powerful tools. Use them correctly, you can conquer the world. Or at least, your readers.

Thank Thee, Lord, for bestowing the burning desire to write, to me! I don't mind being consumed by the fire of creativity. Well, sometimes I still do, but I choose to accept rather than to abhor it.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!