Friday, July 13, 2007

A Dream I Had

I had a dream last night. I was hanging out with my buddies in senior high school. We laughed, we chatted, we gossiped around till we ran out of topic to discuss. I had a wonderful time. I felt so young and alive, so happy and carefree.

I woke up, feeling a great loss. I miss those guys, I mused. How I long to see them again.

Then I stopped right there. Is that what I really want? As I begin to analyze my feelings, I understand, it is not them that I miss. I just miss the time we had, not the buddies. Well. Come to think about it, should I meet them again, would we still have a great time, like in the past? Would we exchange juicy gossips and laugh till our voice become hoarse? Very unlikely.

I miss having good time with my friends. Not necessarily the ones that I had many, many years ago. Sometimes, there's a piece of me that begs me to contact them again. Yet, the rational side always wins, saying, "It is time to let go."

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!