Friday, September 21, 2007

Maybe I Should Stop...

...delving into the past. Just a few hours ago I was talking with my partner, about the crush I had many years ago. It was a complicated matter. He and I had never met. He lived in another continent. Up till now I wasn't sure, was I ever in love with him? It didn't really matter, I suppose. For it wasn't meant to be.

He was romantic, gentle, fun and witty. He introduced me to sappy songs and, believe it or not, Nick Cave. He was sweet. I still keep his pictures somewhere. I'm not sure if he still keeps mine. Probably not. I think I hurt him back then. Pretty much.

Maybe I did say that I was sorry. But perhaps I didn't really mean that. I was also hurt and confused. I was young. Naive. I didn't know what I really wanted.

I tried googling his name, yet I couldn't find him. I just found out that he obtained his Ph. D. many, many years ago. It may sound strange. Yet I am proud. He brought the poetic side in me, in a way, he shaped me into the woman I am now. For that I thank him.

If you read this, B, thank you for the gift of friendship you gave me many years ago. I wish you happiness and so much more. So mote it be!

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!