Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Unfinished Knitting Project

Last week I found this knitting project. My, it's been ages. I can't even remember when I first tried to make it. Years ago, definitely. And I don't think I'll be able to finish it soon. It takes time and patience, and right now both are used in other projects.

My best friend in high school, Nengti, taught me how to knit. Has it been, what, a dozen years ago? No. More like fifteen or sixteen. Sometimes I brought my knitting project to school, and I spent the time knitting while daydreaming. Or sometimes I wrote poems. I remember a friend used to call me Granny because of my fondness in knitting.

Yet I didn't finish many projects. IIRC, I just made several small coin pouches, blankets (for my dolls) and a scarf. I gave the scarf to my cousin, even though it took me months to make one.

Apparently I was trying to create another scarf, but some time in the middle, decided to postpone it. You see, I was foolish then... I thought, once I became a wife, I'd spend most of my time doing crafts! I soon found out that it wasn't that easy. A homemaker's job is never really done....

So, for the time being, I'll just keep this knitting project in a safe place. I'm into writing and beading these days.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!