Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Simple Recipe of the Day: Matcha Jelly

Ingredients:
- 350 ml water
- 2 1/2 tbsp gelatin, mixed with 50 ml water, stir well
- 4 tbsp sweet matcha powder

Use low heat, boil water mixed with matcha powder. Pour a little to the gelatin mix, stir well until gelatin dissolves. Add gelatin mix to matcha + water, stir well. Pour into mold. When the mixture is cool enough, put in a fridge for two hours or so. Scoop some and drizzle condensed milk into it. Nom nom!

My kids love puddings. Puddings are very versatile. You can eat some right away, drizzle it with syrup or condensed milk or chocolate/vanilla sauce. First, I tried making this, using regular roasted tea. It's too soft for me, so I added more gelatin to the mixture for this matcha jelly. I prefer this consistency. Naturally, you can substitute gelatin with agar-agar (I think 1 tsp should be enough) or konnyaku powder (I am not so sure about the measurement, I have to try it first). I think this is sweet already, but you can add 1 or 2 tsp sugar if you want.

I am making coffee jelly at this moment, it's setting in the fridge. I'll share the recipe later. For now, I'm enjoying my late night... or should I say, early? snack.  

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!