Simple indeed, and very tasty (at least according to my kids and partner). They had second helpings. And yes, we love paprika. I am blessed because my kids like their veggies.
For creamy chicken paprika, you will need:
- 500 gr chicken breast, diced
- 1 paprika, cut thinly (I only had green, so I used that. Red is sweeter!
- 1 package of cooking cream (about 200 gr)
- Salt, sugar, pepper, to your liking
- 1 tsp powder broth (I used mushroom)
- 3 garlic, smashed, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
Using a pan and a tbsp of oil, saute garlic and onion until you can smell the yummy aroma. Add chicken, then paprika, then salt-sugar-pepper-broth. Add the cream, and stir using low heat until the chicken is done.
If you do not have cooking cream, you can use this as a substitute: heat (low) a cup of milk with 3 tbsp of butter/margarine, add 1 tbsp of flour to thicken it, if you like.