Sunday, December 08, 2013

Simple Recipe of the Day: Simple Antipasto Salad with Balsamic Vinegar


I was hungry last night, but I did not really feel like cooking. Before my Mama passed away, she bought a bottle of balsamic vinegar and she never had the chance to use it. And I remembered this lovely bottle, sitting nicely on my shelf.

I wanted a mellower taste. Using an appropriate pan (do not use aluminum), I poured a quarter cup of balsamic vinegar and heat it (low) for several minutes until it thickens. In the mean time, I sliced one tomato, a quarter of paprika, some cheese. I sprinkled oregano, drizzled it with a tablespoon of olive oil, then added the thick balsamic vinegar.

It was quite filling and rather tart. Perfect for midnight snack (at least, for me!). 

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!