Sunday, March 09, 2014

Ponion Casserole with Corned Beef

Casseroles. They are simple to make and tasty, too. You can make plenty of variations and they'll still taste good. (If you fail, you can always toss the ingredients to fried rice/nasi goreng!)

Last night, I tinkered in the kitchen wondering what to make. Then I saw my belated ma's casserole dish and I thought, hey, why not. I have some potato and onion, and in the spur of the moment I made this.

I didn't add salt or sugar because it's salty as it is, with the corned beef and mozzarella. I added my vegetable broth of the day. The taste changes from time to time, depending on what I put inside the broth. For this broth, I think I added garlic, shallot, onion, cabbage, bean, carrot. You can substitute this with plain water, chicken or beef broth, of course. 

Usually I make ponion casserole with béchamel sauce, but my son requested corned beef instead. For a deeper dish, you might want to consider topping it with béchamel sauce before adding mozzarella. 

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!