Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bread Casserole

I don't really feel like cooking (in front of the stove, that is) today because I have a deadline. So I thought of making something simple. Mix this and that and let the oven do the rest.

We haven't bought bread for more than two months, since we started making our own. So when I decided to make bread casserole, I used my homemade spinach bread. You can use regular white/wholewheat bread, of course. Just make sure to add salt, sugar, and broth. My spinach-cheese bread is savory as is, so I did not add any of them.

For this casserole, you need to eyeball some ingredients. Be creative and fun!

Ingredients:
- 4 eggs (I added a tsp of shoyu because I like the taste), mix well with a fork
- Some bread (I used homemade spinach and cheese bread)
- 1 onion (you can add more if it's not enough), slice diagonally 
- Some grated cheese (I used mozzarella, approximately 50 gr)
 
First, spread some butter or margarine on a casserole dish. I used a shallow one. Then, line the onions. Slice the bread thinly (if you use rolls) or just tear the bread inside the casserole dish. Sprinkle some salt, sugar, approximately 50 ml broth (watery broth, not the powder type) if you use plain bread. Pour the egg mixture into the dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30-45 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!