Monday, January 05, 2004

Sing All the Negativities Away...

Well, anyway. Despite of the dreadful encounter with uncaring smokers, I am quite happy today. Got a tidy sum of money for singing the General Election theme. Qasidahan style. I am absolutely not proud of it though I'm quite sure Quisalas is. (I have at least 3,497 reasons to support this belief!)

I love singing. I especially love being onstage while singing. It has been a while, though, and I don't think I'll do that again. (not in near future, anyhow) I still miss the exchange of energy, though. Entertaining others. Making them smile and clap their hands. Now I prefer to be my youngest brother's roadie. :D

Wait a minute. It hasn't been that long, actually, only a year and a half, perhaps? The last time, the American pianist Bill Heid tricked me to sing with him. It wasn't much, anyway. A jazzy blues tune. But it was on a stage, nevertheless. At first I was the MC, then Bill Heid made me sing with him. Then he announced me as his fiancee, hehehe.
I miss him and the other guys, the handsome Pat and cute Mike. Mike likes to call me "kiddo" despite of my age. I mean, he's only... what, 7-8 years older than I am!

Wow, I miss a lot of things. It makes me feel blessed...

I am rambling again...

Ah, back to singing. I love singing. (yeah, yeah, so what else is new?) I was born and raised in a musical family. And I believe in singing all your negativities away. Whenever I am depressed or sad, I sing a song. Sometimes it is a crappy melody, at times a vivacious, happy one. Many times I cry first, then emerge into the world as a happier, more loving person.

Songs can really change your mood. They are indeed magical. Right now I'm listening to this song, it really brings positive feelings and love to me. It is called To Be in Love sung by Lynn Minmay in an animation called Robotech (American version, the Japanese one is called Macross).

TO BE IN LOVE sung by LYNN MINMAY (OST of ROBOTECH)

(Sometimes I dream with open eyes. I dream of falling in love.)
To be in love
must be the sweetest feeling that a girl can feel
To be in love
To live a dream
with somebody you care about like no one else
A special man, a dearest man
Who needs to share his life with you alone
Who'll hold you close and feel things that only love brings
to know that he is all your own

To be my love
My love must be much more than any other man
To be my love
To share my dream
My hero, he must take me where no other can
Where we will find a brand new world
A world of things we've never seen before
Where silver suns have golden moons
Each year has thirteen Junes
That's what must be for me
To be in love

I am singing this song for my Beloved, who shares his life and dreams with me. Amin mela lle, Quisalas...

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!