Wednesday, January 28, 2004

War Movies, Nightmares, and Illnesses

Never, I repeat, never ever watch war movies when you're not feeling well! Or you might end up having nightmares about them.

I felt feverish yesterday. Well I still do but I hope I'm recovering. Yet I forced myself to go out with my parents 'cause I wanted to buy a present for my niece, isman's sister's daughter. (her birthday is today) I sneezed most of the time. Water kept pouring from my nose and eyes. My throat felt like burning. When I arrived at my parents' I wanted to rest right away. Yet I was tempted. My youngest brother told me he had acquired several interesting DVDs. At first he played Josh Groban's Live in Concert, which was nice. Groban's voice was superb as usual and it did help me soothe my wretchedness a bit. And then my brother played Full Metal Jacket. It was an old movie (made in 1987) about the Marines and Vietnam war. Not surprisingly, it involved full metal jacket, guns, deranged people, shootings, people getting killed, fire, blood, stuff like that.

After this movie my brother played one of my favorite, Breakfast At Tiffany's. But the damage had already been done.

Last night I dreamt about exercising in an army camp, forced to run and do other physical stunts, being yelled at by superior commanders. The soundtrack was Josh Groban's To Where You Are. So strange.

So now I force myself to be awake, gobbling fruits and cereal. I'll try every herbal remedy available to be healthy. Yesterday I have drunk cups of peppermint tea which helped to alleviate my fever, echinaea pill to boost my immunity, hot nutricious soup. I meditated and prayed, visualizing healing colors around me. I put several drops of lavender oil on my pillow. Today I'll try raw minced garlic with honey (for the sore throat), echinaea pills, ginger tea. No more war movies. I'll concentrate listening to Josh Groban's songs and reading cheerful books instead.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!