Wednesday, January 28, 2004

When I'm Not Feeling Well...

When I'm not feeling well, I try to remember fond memories. I open my jewelry boxes to admire my silver and stones. I hug dolls that remind me of my loved ones. I roam the house looking for memorable things.

Now that I am ill, I deliberately wear Pierrot pyjamas that Nyachan gave me. The cheerful color, red, adds warmth to my body. I played with the ornamentation Andi gave me on my birthday. The sight of two small penguins in them makes me smile. I hug my owl doll, Duo, tight, wishing someone faraway that I miss think of me, too.

My partner is away for a company business trip. And it annoys me so for not being able to find my wedding ring. I know it is here somewhere, but where? My tired mind cannot function well. So I caress the pendant and necklace he gave me when he proposed. I look at our wedding pictures, feeling soothed to see our smiling faces together. It gives me courage to face the annoying illness.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!