Monday, February 16, 2004

Wedding Report

The wedding we attended last weekend looked like a perfect set for certain movies. There were elegant ladies in tight-fitting clothes and a zillion layers of make up, talking shop non-stop. There were gentlemen in perfect attires bragging about their achievements. There were respectable couples looking dignified and presentable. Kids running here and there. Teenagers in confused outfits, most were dressed in clothes too old and sexy for their own age. There were single women about my age, appearing oblivious yet putting extra efforts to find available men. And of course, there were also single men, eyes darting here and there looking for a new catch.

To save the time, isman and I queued on different food stalls. That time I was aware of some single men around me. They seemed to think that I was available. They tried to make eye contact, attempting to come nearer and nearer to me. You know the drill. I deliberately showed my wedding ring. It was such a subtle and vain effort.

"You know, weddings are great occasions where you can meet single ladies," one of them said, looking at me intently. I busied myself with heaping spoonful of mashed potatoes.

"Yes, you'll never know, maybe soon the wedding bells might ring for you" Another man added, chuckling, also staring at me, waiting for a conversation to take place. I fled to isman's direction. I hugged my Quisalas, telling him about the unpleasant encounter I just had. The single men looked at us, open-mouthed.

Makes me wonder... to all single women and men out there, if you think you've found a great catch, do you check whether he or she wears a wedding ring first?

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!