Friday, July 30, 2004

It Was A Random Act of Kindness... Wasn't It?

A couple of days ago I went out to buy something for a friend of ours. His wife would be due any time soon (I think now it's her 38th week). I spotted a nice babyset, but it was located on the top of the shelves. I couldn't reach it.

I asked a shop assistant to reach it for me, but he seemed like a lazy fellow. Raising his eyebrows, he said, "In a minute." Then he proceeded doing whatever seemed very important for him. Flirting and chatting with other shop-assistants.

A guy then offered his assistance, which I gladly took. He reached for the babyset I wanted. I thanked him politely.

Then his girlfriend (somehow I knew they're not married yet) scolded him. She seemed to be upset with him helping me. She appeared to be jealous.

I wonder. To me, what he did was just a random act of kindess. He had no ulterior motives, as far as I could note.

Some women are that jealous, I guess.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!