Wednesday, July 28, 2004

SMS's from a Stranger

I hate this feeling. The uncertainty, the annoyance, nagging sensation. I'm tired of being the hunted. The stalked one. There was a period in my life where I felt like this. Needless to say it was an abominable experience.

A couple of weeks ago a stranger SMS-ed me. He (I'm assuming it's a he due to certain reasons that you might guess by yourself) harmlessly wrote, "Hi, can we be acquainted? You're Angela, aren't you?"

To this I replied, "All right. Who's this?"

And he replied, "I'm Iwa from Jatinangor."

I asked him how he got my number. He didn't reply.

Several days later he misscalled me twice. Not knowing him at all, and the fact that I kinda resent people misscalling me so I'll call them back, I chose not to reciprocate.

Several days later he tried a different approach. He SMS-ed me again, saying, "Sorry to bother you again. I'm totally stressed out now!"

To this I silently said to myself, "So?"

I ignored this message and resumed my daily activities.

Yet somehow, my partner and I felt that we had not heard the last from him.

Two days ago I received another SMS from a stranger. In a similar tone, this person asked me to be acquainted to him, adding, "You're Angela, aren't you?"

I guess the so-called Iwa is back.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!