Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Sauteéd Hot Tuna #30hariberbagiresep
Sometimes, by the end of the day (or the start of one), you are feeling lousy. It happens now and then. The day when everything seems to be awful. When you don't really want to face the world or do anything substantial, fearing that they might turn out bad... or worse.
When that day comes, I seek refuge in comfort food. Simple dishes that (I hope!) will boost my mood.
This is one of them.
- 1 can of tuna with chili
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed (or more)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of capers (optional, sometimes I substitute it with a teaspoon of lime or lemon juice)
- Salt and sugar according to your preference
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil (my favorite is olive)
Sauté garlic and onion with oil in a pan, low heat. Add tuna, then tomato, capers. Season according to your preference.
Aye, it's done. That simple. Served with steaming rice or pasta, al dente. Yum!
You can add hot peppers or paprika, too, if you're into really spicy dishes.