Sunday, November 17, 2013

MY Way. Not YOUR Way.

From time to time, I long to escape and have some fun. Relaxing. Unwinding. Recharging my battery. In short, a holiday. Holidays will fuel me to write more, to work more. It gives me something to long for. 

Holidays keep me sharp, making me notice things. New things will lead to new ideas. It's some kind of investment to me. As a writer, traveling will help me in trying to understand new culture and ways of life. Imagination helps, but if you manage to experience and see many things yourself, it'll add a tremendous layer to your writing. 

See. Hear. Touch. Smell. Feel. I will use my senses to savor the new experiences. I believe, the more you travel, the more you realize that humans are very much alike. We should focus on the similarities instead of differences.


This is my way of combating the stresses and challenges of my daily life. To me, holidays are very effective to refresh my spirit and energy. Whenever I am cranky, when I cannot concentrate fully to do my activities, I know it is time for a holiday. Sometimes I don't need to go anywhere. I just need to find a nice spot, grab a lovely book, and spend hours to "travel" elsewhere. The journey sometimes is fun and light, or perhaps dark and annoying. No problem.

I was sad when an acquaintance told me this: "Traveling is a waste of money. I'd rather spend the money on buying food or saving it for the kids' education. If you are stressed, eat something. Or sleep. It's enough for me, why shouldn't it be enough for you?" 

My way is certainly not your way. You might have other ideas to banish your stress, and if they work for you, yay! Still, everyone is different in her own ways. To me, watching the sunrise with my partner is a memory to be cherished for a lifetime. We were just sitting there, watching, talking. Taking pictures now and then. Going to the beach and sitting there is free. Watching the sunrise with your loved one, well, that is priceless.

And be quiet. I am trying to enjoy reading an adventurous book at this moment. Ssssh.


No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!