Sunday, January 19, 2014

Yukidaruma

I haven't been feeling well. Since end of 2013, I felt lousy. True, the temperature in Bandung is cold (18-20 Celcius degrees, methink) and it rains almost everyday. I had fever for four-five days. Went to the doctor twice and had my blood checked. Everything was normal. Apparently doctor believed I got a nasty sore throat and it made me feel terrible most of the time.

As I was recovering, I got into a fever again. Oh, no! I was going to the doctor, but the fever only lasted for a day. Today, I am feeling much better. 

My friends have been really nice to me while I was sick. My family, too. My partner and kids help me around the house. One friend sent me many postcards from her trip to Europe, very lovely. One friend continues to pray for my health. Several email me during my illness. And my friend, my best friend's husband, also cheered me with his emails. Today he told me it's snowing in his city so his kids are making yukidaruma (snowmen). I love seeing them sooo happy and excited. 

For the first time in 2014, I am starting to feel positive. This might be a good year for all of us. I hope so.

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!