I have sore throat again. ~_~ I cough now and then and yearn for something hot and savory. So I thought of this soup. This is a simple soup and you can substitute most of it with any other vegetables that you have. I felt like eating wakame, so I used wakame. You can use carrots, peas, corn. You can also substitute minced chicken with beef.
For the chicken balls:
- Mix 250 gram minced chicken with 2 cloves of garlic, chopped, one onion, chopped, one chicken egg, a dash of pepper, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp shoyu, bread crumbs until you can form balls from it. Form balls about 2-3 cm in diameter (big or small, up to you).
For the soup:
- 750 ml water
- 1 sachet of dashi (6 gr), you can substitute it with other broth to your liking
- 2 tbsp of shoyu (substitute with regular sweet soy sauce if you prefer sweeter soup)
- salt, sugar, pepper according to your liking
- 1 tbsp mirin (optional)
- 1 tbsp of wakame (dried seaweed)
Boil the water and add all ingredients for the soup. Stir occasionally. Add the balls into the soup until they are cooked (they will float). Enjoy it with steamed rice or somen/nyumen.