Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Easy-Peasy Frittata

Many times, I have no idea what to cook. So I browse some recipes from the net or from my cook books, pondering, thinking, choosing. And sometimes I just open my fridge and pantry, and choose to cook on the spot.

I didn't have time to make bread yesterday and that meant, no breakfast! So I took out some veggies from the fridge and made something. I wanted to make frittata, but I wanted more "body", so I improvised.

Vegetable Frittatta

For six muffin tins, you will need:
- 2 eggs, combined with 100 ml water, 1 tbsp  cream soup powder, 3 tbsp flour
- 1 onion, sliced diagonally
- Grated mozzarella
- Slices of vegetable of your choice (I used approx. half a cup of carrot and bean)
(If you do not have cream soup powder, add salt, sugar, pepper to taste)

Line the tin with margarine/butter. (I used silicon mold, so I don't need to do this) Put a slice of the onion on the bottom of the tin. Add the vegetable. Pour the combination of egg+water+cream soup powder+flour. Top with grated mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool before taking the frittatas from the mold. Enjoy it with chili sauce, mayo, or eat as is!

No comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!